WHO WE ARE
Whalebone's mission is to bring cybersecurity to 1 billion everyday people.
We have developed a zero disruption cybersecurity products for telcos, ISPs and corporations that provides millions of everyday internet users unyielding protection from malware, phishing schemes, ransomware and other malicious digital attacks without the need for them to download anything. Whalebone has repeatedly proven its potential by enabling important CEE telcos to properly protect their customers, while significantly raising their revenue. At this point, Whalebone has 250+ customers in telecommunications (for example A1 Austria, O2 Czechia, Telekom Slovenia...) and corporate sectors around the globe and 45 team members of multiple nationalities.
To complete our mission, we need another skilled C developer with interest in Golang, to help us participate in securing the Internet. Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Beautiful office in the center of Brno (Jezuitská square) with sunny terrace and possibility to work from anywhere. It’s up to you if you decide to work from home or come to the office to work with your whalebros.
- Rewarding financial package, possibility to choose ESOP as a benefit. If you have great results, it will be reflected in your performance bonus!
- Fighting hackers and malware on a global scale.
- Seeing your code perform in real time around the world.
- Enthusiastic colleagues, who really care about the product.
- Flexible start and end of your work day.
- No matter how cheesy this might sound, you’ll be treated with dignity. Even though the company’s quickly growing right now, we still believe that proper innovation is often stirred by close interpersonal relationships. After all, our founders have known each other since the age of five. You won’t be a faceless component of a machine. Your opinion will matter and you’ll be heard. If you have any issues, we can discuss them over a cup of great coffee from our awesome coffee machine.
- You’ll be a significant part of an important and ambitious project. Cybersecurity plays a crucial role in our society. Protecting 1 billion people from cyberthreats? If you feel like this proposition is rather exciting than scary, come on board and grow with us.
- You’ll be offered an open-ended full-time contract, laptop and a cellphone.
- Small but growing team of 6 developers, who also cooperate with threat intelligence team, automation engineers and product manager.
- If you are ambitious, we will support your grow into the lead programmer.
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL LOOK LIKE
- Focusing on rather small codebase, but a crucial with a focus on performance and stability
- Working with our DNS protection clients on Windows and optionally also on specific modules on other operating systems
- Working on new features on our security layer in Knot Resolver modules
WHAT WE EXPECT
- We require an in depth C language experience
- In case you don't shine with Golang now, you will have a unique opportunity to learn it in our team
WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE EXPERIENCE WITH
- A big plus would be computer networking knowledge especially related to DNS
- Docker and related technologies
- Experience with different operating systems
- Desire to learn Golang