Protecting one billion people from cyber threats? If you feel like this proposition is rather exciting than scary, come on board and grow with us.
Whalebone is a Brno-based company working on zero disruption cybersecurity products for telcos, ISPs, and corporations that provide millions of everyday internet users unyielding protection from malware, phishing schemes, ransomware, and other malicious digital attacks without the need for them to download anything. At this point, Whalebone has 300+ customers in telecommunications (for example A1 Austria, O2 Czechia, Telekom Slovenia...) and corporate sectors around the globe and 45 team members of multiple nationalities.
Become a significant part of an important and ambitious project as a Product Owner. Cybersecurity plays a crucial role in our society. And as our CTO Robert Šefr says, “Cybersecurity is a human right, not a privilege.”
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL LOOK LIKE
- 70 % Updating tasks within an active sprint or backlog - you will manage communication between internal and external development teams, i.e. you will answer questions from developers as needed. Here are some examples:
- 15 % - the external front-end team
- 20 % - the inhouse back-end team
- 10 % - UX/UI - you will deal with product / feature updates and front-end changes within our products
- 5 % - QA task - you will look for the best solution with external front-end QA and internal BE QA, or you will be a communicator between both teams.
- 5 % - Copy / translations - you will take care of the regular update of texts within our products.
- 10 % - Threat intelligence team - the content and focus of our products is cyber security, so communication with our threat intelligence team will be your “daily bread”.
- 5% - Technical consultants - you will answer product questions from our consultant as needed
- 20 % - Use cases / stories / user flows - you will be responsible for writing use cases & stories within all tasks in Jira and GitHub.
- 5 % Product analytics - You will be responsible for collecting data from analytical tools over several deployments of our consumer portal with telco operators and creating regular overview regarding customer behavior.
- 5% - Product updates/research - you will participate in product meetings and take care of updating product ideas in the productboard.
- Basic understanding of code (you don't need to be a programmer, but you have to understand the code / coding principles to communicate with FE team)
- UX/UI (you don't need to be a designer, but you have to understand the rules of UX/UI)
- Experience with the whole process of product discovery and delivery
- Excellent communication skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in analytics tools (GA, Smartlook, etc.) and data reporting
- Experience in writing user stories
WHY WILL YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH US
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work 4+1 or fully remote. (But we would love you to spend time with us in the office.)
- 20+5 days of vacation per year.
- Team of 5 technological experts who are enthusiastic and strive to make the best product possible.
- Meaningful job - protecting everyday people against malware and hackers all around the globe.
- Your opinion will matter to us - discuss your ideas directly with the CTO or CEO if you feel they should hear them.
- Rewarding financial package, possibility to choose ESOP as a benefit. If you have great results, it will be reflected in your performance bonus!
- You’ll be offered an open-ended full-time labor agreement, a laptop, and a cellphone.
- You will be supported to learn, grow and gain new experiences with us!
- Office in Brno city center.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
- Read about us: