Protecting one billion people from cyberthreats? If you feel like this proposition is rather exciting than scary, come on board and grow with us.
Whalebone is a Brno-based company working on zero disruption cybersecurity products for telcos, ISPs and corporations that provide millions of everyday internet users unyielding protection from malware, phishing schemes, ransomware and other malicious digital attacks without the need for them to download anything. At this point, Whalebone has 250+ customers in telecommunications (for example A1 Austria, O2 Czechia, Telekom Slovenia...) and corporate sectors around the globe and 45 team members of multiple nationalities.
Become a significant part of an important and ambitious project as a QA Engineer. Cybersecurity plays a crucial role in our society. And as our CTO Robert Šefr says, “Cybersecurity is a human right not a privilege.”
OUR TECH STACK
- We leverage microservices heavily from the day one of Whalebone, there is no legacy system. We containerize everything and orchestrate through Kubernetes.
- We avoid cloud vendor lock-in and minimize usage of any cloud provider specific services. Our backend can be moved to any managed Kubernetes provider instantly.
- What do we use to develop Whalebone?
- Backend is mostly based on Golang and Java microservices and Golang is the main choice for the future backend projects.
- Frontend team's main choice is Vue.js.
- Threat Intelligence with their data analysis and machine learning use cases mainly rely on Python.
- And our modules in the DNS resolver itself, as it is a high performance component, are written in pure C.
- For various use cases of data analysis we rely mainly on Elasticsearch and Clickhouse, for stream processing Logstash and Kafka and to understand that everything is working fine we observe Grafana dashboards providing us insight into the Prometheus stored metrics.
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL LOOK LIKE
- You will kick start the automation team – so you will be the founding stone to quality code in Whalebone.
- Create E2E tests, define test cases with our developers and create a fully automated test environment. Work on integration tests for management API, E2E tests on performance intensive components and keep functions, performance and logic of our product as high as possible.
- Create and implement testing processes and choose technologies you want to use and which fits into our tech stack. Discuss with us if it’s the best to use Python, Bash or maybe Java? Do you think something else would be better? We are happy to hear your opinion.
- Participate in deciding what’s the future of our products.
- Design and execute test cases and its automation. We would like to have 90 % of tests automated because we believe that’s the future of QA.
- Work closely with developers to make sure clients get the best solution possible.
- Advanced experience in automation software testing - you have experience with working on microservice-based environments.
- Experience in testing web applications - backend apps, even UI on web apps.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation testing tools.
- Strong focus on product quality
NICE TO HAVE
- Computer networking knowledge especially related to DNS
- Docker, k8s and related technologies
- Experience in Jira, Scrum
WHY WILL YOU’LL LIKE TO WORK WITH US
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work 4+1 or full remote. (But we would love you to spend time with us in the office.)
- 20+5 days of vacation per year.
- Team of 5 technological experts who are enthusiastic and strive to make the best product possible.
- Meaningful job - protecting everyday people against malware and hackers all around the globe.
- Your opinion will matter to us - discuss your ideas directly with the CTO or CEO if you feel like they should hear them.
- Rewarding financial package, possibility to choose ESOP as a benefit. If you have a great results, it will be reflected in your performance bonus!
- You’ll be offered an open-ended full-time labor agreement, laptop and a cellphone.
- You will be supported to learn, grow and gain new experiences with us!
- Office in the city center.
WANNA KNOW MORE?
Contact our HR Eva who will connect you directly to the hiring manager at Eva.email@example.com or via LinkedIn.
- Read about us: