Whalebone protects users without the need for them to install any software on their devices. We believe that IT security should be as user-friendly as possible, ideally without any disturbance caused to users.
Our solution protects them on the network level, most often through nationwide telco operators (see Whalebone as a white label product A1 Net Protect or O2 Security).
We’re looking for an expert, who will be a significant asset to our team responsible for the detection and prevention of online threats such as malware, phishing, scams, and others. We filter and analyze the DNS traffic of large networks round the clock and our priority is to detect new threats as soon as possible and thus protect as many users as possible without compromising their regular online experience.
We require experience with IT security, an understanding of malware and phishing campaigns, and the ability to find patterns in big data.
We expect our new colleague to analyze data, confirm or refute his or her hypotheses and collaborate with other members of the team on the implementation of algorithms, which will significantly improve our Threat Intelligence. A great benefit of this position is that your work will be immediately applied to heavy traffic so you can easily evaluate the results.
WHAT YOUR JOB WILL LOOK LIKE
- DNS traffic analysis — looking for patterns, anomalies, and context
- Defining process and algorithms for threat validation and elimination of false positives
- Training and application of machine learning models
- Searching for new threat types and making sure they’re covered by our Whalebone database
- Optimization of Threat Intelligence and proposals for adjustments of the detection engine on DNS resolvers
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Experience with Threat Intelligence, threat hunting, malware analysis and incident response
- The ability to process and evaluate data using tools as well as your own scripting
- Understanding of current online threats and the malware life cycle
- Creative approach, suggesting new processes and detail-oriented assessment of them
WHAT YOU GET
- Rewarding financial package
- Fighting hackers and malware on a global scale
- Enough data to practice algorithms and actively search for threats
- Enthusiastic colleagues, who really care about protecting users and want to do their best to prevent malware from causing harm
WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE EXPERIENCE WITH
- Python and R
- Kibana and Elasticsearch
- Machine learning and neural networks
- Any platform used to work with Threat Intelligence
WHO WE ARE
Whalebone is a zero disruption cybersecurity product for telcos, ISPs, and corporations that provides millions of everyday internet users unyielding protection without the need for them to download anything. You’ll join our growing tech team during very exciting and promising times for Whalebone.
LET’S DO IT!
Are you interested in working with us? Email us your CV and a short cover letter at email@example.com . We can’t wait to meet you!