Last Modified: April 12, 2021
Whalebone (Whalebone, s.r.o with registered address at Křenová 89/19, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic, Company ID: 05120403, VAT No.: CZ05120403, and general email address email@example.com), respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting the Personal Data that you share with us and/or that is collected by us.
You can browse through most of our website without giving us any information about yourself. To access certain information or to receive certain services, you may need to provide some information about yourself. Providing such information is voluntary and you may choose not to provide it, in which case, access to certain information on this Website may be limited and quality of service of this Website may differ.
This Website contains links to other sites. Whalebone is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites, which may differ from those practiced by Whalebone.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Personal Data may be submitted by you and/or collected by Whalebone when you use this Website and/or log into certain areas of this website. This Website also automatically collects users’ IP addresses.
For the purposes listed below, we may collect Personal Data, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, telephone number, company name, name of position within the company, the type of product you are seeking, and other information necessary to conduct business with you or other information you give us in the contact form.
We track the domains from which visitors come to collect statistics on Whalebone’s site traffic for usage and trend analysis;
Whalebone’s website servers use standard log files. These logs include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, ISP (Internet service provider), type of browser, and page information to administer our website, refine flow and content, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate usage.
Why We Process Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data due to the following reasons and based on the following grounds:
The aim is to fulfill our contract with you or enter into a contract with you on your request, in order to:
- Proceed with purchase of Whalebone products or service;
- Download, activate, and perform Whalebone product or service;
- Maintain our products and services up-to-date;
- Verify your identity in relation to products or services provided by Whalebone, when you contact us for support;
- Process your transactions to purchase our product or service;
- Provide you with technical support or requested information about our services;
- Manage your user accounts and subscriptions; and
- Allow you to apply for a job through Whalebone’s site.
Based on your consent, in order to:
- Subscribe you to Whalebone newsletter, e-book or other informational communication;
In relation to legal obligations, we process your Personal Data when it is required for compliance with accounting, tax, anti-money laundering, legal order, or other obligations to which we are subject.
On the basis of our legitimate interest we will use your Personal Data for:
- Product enhancement, research and to provide product improvements, new features and product updates;
- Providing information about possible privacy, security and performance improvements and products that supplement or improve our products and to optimize the format and content of this type of information;
- 3rd-party analytics to improve and evaluate the quality and performance of our products, services and websites and to follow usage trends, and to analyze conversions, campaigns and user acquisitions;
- Enable efficient performance of our business by supporting internal commercial and administrative processes (e.g. controlling, finance, legal compliance, business intelligence, information security etc.);
- Secure our applications and systems; and
- Establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We have balanced your interests against our interests for the above mentioned processing operations. You have the right to object to those processing operations on grounds relating to our particular situation. For additional details please see the below section Your Privacy Rights.
Who else may have access to your personal data?
The Controller (Whalebone) cooperates with other entities (processors), who may have access to your personal data. Your personal data may be accessed also by this processor:
- Marketing agency PROFICIO (Proficio Marketing s.r.o. with registered address at Za Divadlem 586/2, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic, Company ID: 01749315, VAT No.: CZ01749315, and general email address firstname.lastname@example.org)
- E-mail marketing platform Mailchimp
Information Sharing and Usage
Whalebone does not intend to distribute or (re)sell your Personal Data. The Personal Data may be transmitted to resellers or other Whalebone distributing partners to inform about Whalebone-related content such as product(s) or service features, news or new offers. Also, it might be transmitted to service providers for the sake of developing or admin Whalebone website(s). In addition Personal Data can be used for performance analysis and improvements of our website(s).
If required by regulation we may disclose Personal Data to comply with authorities proceedings.
Should we undergo a merger or reorganisation process we may disclose Personal Data to potential or final acquirers. In any such case Whalebone shall protect the information in an appropriate manner.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We will hold your Personal Data on our systems for the following periods:
- Personal Data processed on the basis of fulfilling our contract with you, for as long as necessary for fulfilling the contractual obligations, but not longer than five years after the end of the contract;
- Personal Data processed on the basis of your consent, until you withdraw your consent;
- Personal Data processed on the basis of our legitimate interest, for as long as we have the legitimate interest, but not longer than ten years.
Your Privacy Rights
You have the following rights regarding the processing of your Personal Data:
- Right to information – Information about the processing of your Personal Data can be requested.
- Right of access – A copy of your processed Personal Data can be requested.
- Right to rectification – Whalebone shall process accurate Personal Data; if any inaccuracy occurs, rectification of inaccurate Personal Data can be sought.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive Personal Data processed for the purpose of conclusion and performance of a contract or Personal Data which you have provided and is being processed on the basis of consent, in machine-readable format. This right applies only to Personal Data which is processed by automated means.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) – In specific cases stipulated by law, you have the right to request erasure of your Personal Data, e.g., if there is no legally recognized title for further processing of your Personal Data on our part (incl. protection of Whalebone’s legitimate interests and rights).
- Right to object – Applies to cases of processing carried out based on our legitimate interest. You have the possibility to object to such processing, in relation to your particular situation, and we are required to assess the processing to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and legally binding rules. In case of direct marketing, we shall cease processing Personal Data for such purposes after the objection.
- Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data in the following cases: you have objected to processing of your Personal Data, and there is a pending verification whether our legitimate grounds override your interests; the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the Personal Data and request the restriction of its use instead; we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you are contesting the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent – You can withdraw your consent at any time, by using the same method (if technically possible) you used to provide your consent to us or by sending an email to email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to contact supervisory authority or court – You might contact and submit a complaint to the supervisory authority – The Office for Personal Data Protection in the Czech Republic (Úřad na ochranu osobních údajů – www.uoou.cz) or your local authority or an appropriate court.
Communications from the Site
Customer support communicates with users on a regular basis to provide requested services. In regards to issues relating to Whalebone products, we reply via email or phone, in accordance with the users chosen preference.
Children and Privacy
Our Website does not target and is not intended to attract children under the age of 15. Whalebone does not knowingly solicit Personal Data from children under the age of 15 and we do not send them requests for Personal Data.
Notification of Changes
Inquiries and updates of your Personal Data
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to request updates of your Personal Data or with any questions and we will respond to such requests within a reasonable time.